Our Guidance Department offers a variety of services for our students in the areas of academic, personal-social, and career concerns. (ASCA National Model, 2003)
- Classroom Guidance – Counselors visit classrooms to share important information with students appropriate to each grade level, on how to succeed in high school and prepare for life after graduation.
- Personal Counseling – Student concerns can be discussed confidentially.
- Referral Service – Students can be referred to outside agencies for additional assistance or help. Contact your student guidance counselor for a referral that is appropriate to your needs.
- Scheduling – The counselors and registrar assist students in selecting classes. The counselors are informed about college requirements and recommend high school course work for careers.
- Testing – Counselors coordinate registration, administration and interpretation of PSAT (9th, 10th and 11th grades). Counselors also promote the ACT and SAT at off-site locations.
- Post Secondary Educational Planning – This includes information, applications, scholarships, College representatives and college visits, financial aid, and admissions testing. Information is also available on all branches of the military.
- Career Counseling – The counselors and ECO volunteers work with students on career testing, career information, job shadows, and part-time job listings. Vocation Day gives students the opportunity to hear speakers present many different careers.