Project Update – March 2018
We celebrate another milestone in the building project…all the precast walls have been set! The entire footprint of the building is now complete. As more and more areas of the building are enclosed interior work increases.
- Steel continues to be set.
- Roofing membrane is being installed.
- Glass is being installed.
- Mechanical and electrical work continues.
- Drywall is being hung.
Two key components have positioned us well for wrapping up the needed fundraising by the end of this year:
- the signed buy/sell agreement for the 68th Street building with Compass College of Cinematic Arts, and
- meeting the $1 million match.
The fundraising goal for 2018 is $2.8 million. This will allow us to move into a debt-free building. We invite everyone to be part of this amazing legacy. Each gift is important and helps ensure the completion of the Building with Purpose capital campaign. To pledge your support please click the “Donate” button or mail this pledge form to the Development Dept. South Christian High School, 160 68th Street, SW Grand Rapids, MI 49548. Together we can raise the final $2.8 million and begin classes in a debt-free building on January 7, 2019.
Sandy Dobbs, Development Director