Here, parents are heavily involved, and their involvement is valued. Volunteering on campus is a great way for parents to become involved with their children’s education and connect with other members of the South Christian community.
Moms in Prayer
Moms in Prayer International is a group where two or more moms meet for one hour each week to pray for their children, the school, teachers, students, and staff. We use a simple 4-step format to guide our prayer time: Adoration, Confession, Thanksgiving, and Supplication. Moms in Prayer groups meet around the world each week to pray! Contact Judy Morren at 616-698-8030 for more information.
Moms in Prayer meets in Room 30:
- Friday mornings from 8:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
Sports Boosters actively promote athletics at SCHS by providing financial and personnel assistance to the athletic program. The Sports Boosters sponsor fundraising events such as the Sailor 5K, golf outing, and auction. They run game concessions and are responsible for ticket taking. Their work also includes the development and maintenance of athletic facilities and fields. Parents are encouraged to become involved either as a sponsor or a participant. Contact Curt Copeland, Athletic Director, at email@example.com for more information.
The South Christian Music Boosters are SCHS parents, grandparents, alumni, and friends who unite as advocates and supporters of the school’s music program, equipping students to serve God to their greatest potential.
- All supporters of the SCHS Music Program are considered to be Music Boosters. This support may be in the form of financial donations or volunteer assistance.
- The Music Booster Board provides direction to Booster activities. The Music Booster Board consists of the following members:
- Music Directors
- School Board Liaison
- Other interested members: 2 or more from the SCHS community
What are the goals of the SCHS Music Boosters?
The Music Program, as a part of South Christian High School, is committed to being “Anchored in God’s Word, Committed to Excellence, Called to Action.” With this in mind, the Music Boosters’ goals are:
- To instill and maintain an enthusiastic interest in the various aspects of the SCHS Music Program
- To lend financial support to the SCHS Music Program and related activities
- To provide support and encouragement to the directors of the SCHS Music Program
What do the SCHS Music Boosters do?
- Raise Funds for these causes:
- Instruction – including accompanists for choirs and assistants for various musical groups
- Equipment/Facilities – including uniform cleaning and purchase, instrument maintenance and purchase, piano tuning and servicing, performance space rental, and various enhancements to rehearsal rooms
- Scholarships – including those for student participation in approved summer music camps/experiences and Music Booster Scholarships for students pursuing study of music in college
- Additional Causes – During years when a field trip is planned for one or more of the South Christian music groups, specific fundraising efforts may occur to offset the cost of the trip. In addition, funds may be designated for other aspects of the South Christian music program.
- Organize Volunteer Support
Volunteers assist the Music Directors and students at special occasions such as concerts, music festivals, field trips, and other off-campus events. They assist with yearly care of uniforms. All Music Boosters have the privilege of bringing the needs of the South Christian music students and directors to our God in prayer.
“Praise Him with the sounding of the trumpet, praise Him with the harp and lyre, praise Him with tambourine and dancing, praise Him with the strings and flute, praise Him with the clash of cymbals, praise Him with resounding cymbals. Let everything that has breath praise the Lord. Praise the Lord.” Psalm 150: 3-6
New Life Thrift Store
Where HE leads we will follow…
”Commit to the Lord whatever you do and your plans will succeed.” Proverbs 16:3
This was our theme when we started New Life Thrift Store many years ago.
New Life Thrift Store has grown to become a very successful business and mission venture for our five South Suburban Christian Schools. Many have been blessed within the community as well as the volunteers that serve at the store. Every year a gift is given to our schools, supporting a Christ-centered education.
Thank you to all who support us with the gifts God has given to each of our volunteers and supporters.
We would love your donated clothing, housewares, boutique-type clothing, and furniture. Note that furniture can be picked up by calling 616-534-7134. All donations can be dropped off during business hours. If you haven’t visited our store, you must! See you soon!
Thank You Volunteers – We would like to thank all who have volunteered at the New Life Thrift Store. We appreciate your service very much! SCHS is responsible for filling volunteer shifts for two months each year. You are welcome to volunteer by calling 616-534-7134 to sign up for a shift.